The Devine Bath Remodel Process: What to Expect
If you live in the Portland or Seattle metro areas, you may have heard of Devine Bath or even seen before and after photos of one of our bathroom remodels online. But between choosing a bathroom remodel company, determining your dream bathroom design, and thinking about project length and cost, we know the remodel process can seem daunting. If you’re interested in learning more about Devine Bath and our remodel process, read on for a more in-depth look at our consultation, design, and installation services.
The Free In-Home Consultation
One of the things that makes Devine Bath different is our free in-home consultation process. During the consultation, a designer will come to your home to learn about what you like and dislike about your current bathroom. They will take photos, measurements, and notes about your conversation. The goal of this first meeting is for the designer to get a feel for the functional and aesthetic goals of your desired remodel.
During the free in-home consultation, the designer and the homeowners will often discuss questions such as: Who is using the space? What is your daily schedule? Do you use your bath or your shower more frequently? Have there been other remodels in the home? When it comes to a bathroom remodel, we often find that homeowners might not know exactly what they want. And that’s okay! Our job is to find out what they want in their bathroom design and help them make it a reality.
The Bathroom Design Process
Once our designer has had one or two meetings with a homeowner, they will use all of the information they gathered to create a design proposal. This proposal is comprised of sketches, material samples (tile, paint, finishes, etc.), and a project cost estimate. In this stage, we make sure to offer each homeowner several design options and variations, which allow them to customize the design to their liking.
The final bathroom design is determined between the designer and the homeowner through a process of elimination. Learning what the homeowner likes and doesn’t like in the initial design will allow our designer to refine the plan until it’s exactly what the homeowner wants. Once the homeowner is happy with the design, we will present them with a final quote and sketch.
The Installation Process
If the homeowner decides that they want to work with Devine Bath on their Portland or Seattle bathroom remodel, the installation process begins. To get your bathroom remodel started, one of our project managers will visit your home to turn the design concept into a reality. They will re-measure everything, confirm your material selections, and discuss any construction concerns that you may have.
How is the Project Timeline Determined?
When it comes to a bathroom remodel, the first thing many homeowners want to know is how long the remodel will take. Project length depends a great deal on the complexity and size of the job. Here are a few of the major factors that can have an impact on your bathroom remodel project timeline:
- Age of Home - Old homes often require a longer project timeline because they pose more potential issues. We usually plan for more time for older homes.
- Size of Project – A small bathroom remodel can usually be done in a few weeks, while a large or complex remodel may often take 4-6 weeks.
- Moving Bathroom Features – If your bathroom design involves moving a major feature (shower, tub, sink) to the other side of the room, this will require additional plumbing and electrical work, adding to the overall project length.
- Inspections – Your bathroom may need to be inspected at certain points during the installation process, at these points, all other work must cease.
Looking for ways to keep your remodel timeline short? Check out our blog post which features tips for keeping your bathroom remodel on schedule.
A Typical Devine Bath Remodel Timeline
With every Devine Bath remodel, you will have an on-site lead, who will be present at your remodel every working day to ensure everything goes according to plan. Project timelines differ based on scope, but many remodels follow a similar process:
- Site Preparation – Our team will lay down materials in order to protect your home and contain dust during the construction process.
- Demolition – We will remove any elements of your current bathroom that are not being carried over to the new design. This is usually the loudest part of the installation process and typically lasts 1-4 days.
- Plumbing, HVAC, & Electrical – Our electricians and plumbers will come in and complete their work.
- Inspections – At this point in the installation process, all plumbing and electric needs to be inspected to ensure that they are up to code.
- Insulation, Drywall & Painting – Once inspections are completed, everything will be sealed up and paint can be added.
- Tile, Tile, Tile – At this point, any tiling will be laid. This is often the largest project in a bathroom design.
- Trim Out – Finishing touches like trim and light switches will be added to your bathroom.
With the number of bathroom remodel companies in Portland and Seattle, we know it can sometimes be difficult to decide who to work with. At Devine Bath, our job is to make sure that all the elements work together to create a great bathroom design for your lifestyle. If you have additional questions about our installation or design process, or would like to schedule your own free in-home consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.